Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Medical and Psych discharge from the army? How long could it take?

I know that no one can give me a definitive answer, I'm looking for more of a tentative idea. My husband has been in the army (active) for two and a half years. He was diagnosed with one diffused disk and two bulging disks. He also has degenerative disk disease (which I hear is common with his injuries. His pain management just tried shots in his back, and said that if they didn't work, then they would just chapter him out. My husband isn't very happy with that, but since all of his friends are deployed and he has been on profile for the last 6 months, (he's a Combat Engineer) he feels like he's of no use to the army anyways. He has also been diagnosed with 'army triggered PTSD', which is bs. He had a crappy childhood and his rich sister didn't want him in anymore and got the surgeon general involved and it was just a hot mess, so he couldn't talk his ways out of it. They are telling him to chapter on both. I have no idea why. Does anyone know about how long this Chaptering process will take? I have to have another surgery, and I don't want to put it off too long and then end up not having tricare. I also am VERY antsy about going home (I'm a mommas baby) and everyone is wanting to know about how long the chapter is going to take. (They are renovating our house back home, and want it ready for when we get there). He is being told a year...but you know how rumors and information here and there goes in the military. Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation and could give me at least tentatively an idea so I can calm my mom down with all those renovations? Please only reply if you have experience this. I would really rather not have a pvt that just got in who heard something from someone or something like that just giving me more of 'well, what I have heard' kind of thing, we have heard enough of that, lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm so anxious.

No comments:

Post a Comment